PatrickMead

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Okay, I'll Say It

Zarqawi is dead. I'm glad. There, I've said it. Before some of my friends want to sit down and fire off angry missives my direction from the comfort of their homes and with their full bellies, let me review:

1. Yes, every soul is precious.
2. Yes, we love everyone.
3. Yes, I would have rather he converted and given the keynote at next year's Tulsa worshop.
4. Yes, I'm sure his mommy loved him.
5. Yes, his current state is tragic and horrible beyond imagining.

Yet....

1. His death gives our soldiers and marines a better chance of coming home to their mothers.
2. He sawed the heads off living people on camera and sold the DVDs in the marketplace (and one of the most popular places to buy those DVDs was Haditha where the children sold them openly in the streets).
3. He called for the death of every Western citizen including, yes, France. C'mon, what did France do to anybody? (with the exception of that Jerry Lewis thing)
4. He trained, motivated, and financed hundreds of fascist fanatics and loosed them with suicide bombs and IEDs to slaughter his own people.
5. He marched fellow Muslims off buses and shot them in the head because they didn't agree with his his view on Mohammed's true heir was. Many of these were teenagers and women.
6. His ego was fed by a spirit of pure evil. If he is unreachable and unconvertable, and if he is determined to kill the innocent, what would Jesus do? Check the Old Testament. Jesus told us that it spoke of him. Those who stood against God and his people and refused to repent were sentenced, by God, to death, plagues, etc.


It makes you wonder: do those who mourn the death of Zarqawi, who claim that, as Christians, we must wail and be sad, think they can out-Christian Christ?

The Marine Corps is not a safe place for anyone, but my son will be somewhat safer because this fallen man is gone. I wish it could have been otherwise. I wish he would have been open to reason and revelation. But he wasn't. He dealt the cards, again and again and dared us to do anything about it. We called him and took him out of the game.

Allow me a moment to breathe easier this weekend and to hope for the safety of my son. Allow me to be happy that one more madman -- one who would kill me, take my daughter as a slave or worse, and end freedom of the press and freedom of religion -- is gone. Will others rise in his place? Certainly. And may God deliver them into the hands of just men.

If David -- a man after God's own heart -- could pray and sing for the destruction of his enemies, and if the Holy Spirit enshrined those songs as scripture, then allow me a song of praise this day.

Thank you, Father. And to the team? Hoo-rah.

11 Comments:

  • At 6/10/2006 11:37:00 AM , Blogger Lee Hodges said...

    AMEM....AMEM...AND LET ME SAY IN CLOSING...AMEN.

     
  • At 6/10/2006 01:25:00 PM , Blogger Bill Williams said...

    Thank you, Patrick. Clear thoughts. Precise words. No mistaking your point. A point which, IMO, needs to be made.

     
  • At 6/10/2006 04:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As a mother of a Marine that is due to deploy to Iraq within the year, I say AMEN! When I heard that he was dead, I took a moment to thank God and a deep sigh of relief. Thank you for posting your thoughts. Now I pray that retaliations will be kept to a minimum.

     
  • At 6/11/2006 11:27:00 AM , Blogger Hoots Musings said...

    Brother Patrick!
    As well said as anyone could have said it!

    Evil is evil any way you slice it, and a dog always returns to his vomit and a pig to waller in the mud.

    Absolutely excellent dear brother!

     
  • At 6/11/2006 02:45:00 PM , Blogger David U said...

    I'm glad he is not killing people anymore also, Patrick. It appears Satan got his heart a long time ago. And I know God loved him...enough to die for him.

    Keep em coming!
    DU

     
  • At 6/11/2006 04:52:00 PM , Blogger Nancy French said...

    Great Patrick! Thank your son for us all.

    Nancy

     
  • At 6/12/2006 07:39:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Right on target, Patrick. I've read the Psalms, and if David was a man after God's own heart, it is obviously right to rejoice in God's judgement over evil.

    We have become too effete in this day and age. We do try to "out-christian Christ", to our shame. Thanks for having the courage to boldly state the truth.

     
  • At 6/12/2006 09:17:00 AM , Blogger Suzie said...

    Boy, did I need to read this!! I was feeling like a heretic because I was glad that he was dead. Thank you!

    What do you say to someone who is upset about the woman and child and others that were killed with him?

     
  • At 6/14/2006 03:12:00 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    Thanks for telling it like it is, Patrick. My sister is heading back to Iraq this fall and while this doesn't assure her safety, it is one less person seeking her destruction.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 08:09:00 AM , Blogger Keith Brenton said...

    I'm certainly not saddened by the death of al-Zarqawi.

    But I am saddened by the implications of the question: How many wannabe-terrorist leaders does it take to replace him?

    It's not a joke.

    And the answer is "one."

     
  • At 6/20/2006 11:57:00 AM , Blogger Brent said...

    So, was the U.S. justified in dropping two atomic bombs on Japan because it saved more future casualties and resources than it took?

    Brent

    P.S. I am not against any soldier of the United States military. I support them because decisions are made that they must adhere to because of their duties. However, I am against the decisions that those in power have made and continue to make.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home