PatrickMead

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pictures!




Yea, yea, I know I just wrote a blog yesterday, but I wanted to bring you up to date on contributions to Soul Space. As of today just over $4700 has been raised for them. An astounding $1315 has come from readers of this blog! By the way, readers, let people know if you liked the CD. If any arrived cracked or damaged, let me know and we will make it right asap. Bar 12 did a concert at our church building. A young boy brought his play guitar and played along in the back of the auditorium. As the night wore on, he got closer and closer to the stage, eventually getting up with them, mimicking their moves, and giving us all a smile.


Afterwards we gathered in the foyer and exchanged high 5's and laughter. The Sacred Ink tattoo shop should open in the next few weeks. We are waiting for a contractor to put an extraction fan in the bathroom and we'll be up to code! You can follow along as Pete, Rudi, Josh, and Lance bring this work to reality by clicking on the Sacred Ink link on the right.

I consider Josh Turner to be my son. His father passed away a couple of years ago and something in my soul called me to go to Josh and offer him a place in our lives. He has a wonderful mother (and that is an understatement) and terrific friends but I am his new dad. Here is a photo of me in the middle (the short, old guy) with Duncan on the left and Josh on the right. They tell people they are brothers and ask those who look suprised if they are able to tell them apart!

While I'm posting photos, here's one of my daughter, Kara, fixing Thanksgiving dinner, one of my son, wife, and son-in-law, and one of Duncan hanging Christmas lights at our house yesterday. God bless all of you who keep us in prayer and those who support our mission work, including Soul Space. It is a joy to be a part of your community of faith.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home